Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Ready, Get Set, "Go Summer Clothing”
“5 Simple Ways to Lose Weight in Time for Your Summer Clothing”
Here are five simple things you can do to slim down for summer clothing. The first thing you want to do is make sure you don’t set your goal too high, try however to move forward with a plan that’s realistic.
Losing weight is a state of mind- instead of thinking about how hungry you are or what to eat next, plan your day to include things you have wanted to do like organizing your closet and forge forward in getting it done. Remove your winter clothing and replacing it with Spring/Summer. This way food isn’t always on your mind and you have a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
1. Don’t eat first thing in the morning- have a cup of coffee, and 2 glasses of water, let things settle than have something small with some protein in it. The coffee will get you going and the water fills your belly so you’re not as hungry.
2. When snacking, eat smart! A piece of fruit can do it. (Banana, Pear, Apple or some Grapes) Fruit has fiber and is composed of simple sugars; it will give you a burst of energy you are looking for and will digest quickly. Fruit also breaks down best when eaten alone.
3. Lunch can be fun- make a salad or half a sandwich with some chips, cut down the portions from what you usually eat. Drink 1 to 2 glasses of water before you start eating. Again, this will fill your stomach and make you less hungry.
4. Eat Dinner early- if you can’t eat early try eating protein and greens. Portion size is everything, eating several small meals can help you digest better and keep your body fed. Starving yourself just sets you up for failure.
5. Don’t cut carbs or fat out completely, your body will just try harder to hold on to them. Just reduce them, and replace with something healthy, like a bowl of fiber cereal with skim milk. This will also give you some fats and carbs, while satisfying your hunger with a healthier choice.
Exercise whenever you can, even taking a walk after dinner. Any extra effort will help you fit into that little pink bikini or those awesome swim trunks. In no time at all you will feel better and improve the fit of your new Summer clothing.
Posted by Fashion Diva by Karlanne at 9:48 AM